Sensory Bottle Rainbow

Monday, October 20, 2014

Look! I went crazy at the dollar store!


A while back, I made baby a toy by filling a plastic bottle with rubber bands and bag clips. I don't think the bottle I used was meant to contain liquids and it started leaking, so we stopped giving it to him. The other day at my sister-in-law's, she told me that this was called a sensory bottle and that I could hot glue the cap to prevent leaks. That night I stayed up really late browsing Pinterest and the floodgates of homemade toys opened up on me and I couldn't wait to try out these diy sensory toys. And that is how I went crazy at the dollar store bright and early the next morning.

First up is my new and improved sensory bottle. All you need is
an empty bottle
things to put in the bottle (it helps to have at least one heavy object, like a marble)
fine glitter
hot glue
and clear hair gel.
(For this green one, I put way too many things. I think half the stuff would be enough.)

1. Put all your objects and the glitter in the bottle.
2. Put hair gel in the bottle (a quarter of your empty bottle or less will do).
3. Fill up the rest of the bottle with very warm water (leave room at the top for shaking).
4. Shake it up!
5. Fill up the rest of the bottle with cold water, letting the bubbles flow out.
6. Put hot glue on the cap and close it up!




The more gel you put, the more viscous the liquid, therefore suspending the glitter for a longer period of time. You can also use glitter glue in addition to the gel to make it extra viscous (almost like a colloid!) Have fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |