Taiwan Days 3 & 4

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 3
I don't have many interesting pictures from this day, but I do have a funny story. The morning started out with some leg cramps because I fell asleep in a sitting position while nursing the night before. We went out anyway because we had lunch reservations at 欣葉 (Shin Yeh Japanese Buffet) with my dad and his brothers. My leg felt  ok, but gradually got worse after lunch while we were heading over to 士林 (ShiLin night market area) to search for these bags we've been seeing around the city.

After shopping around, we decided to stop by 肥前屋 for dinner (Hizen-Ya, best unagi rice in the city), and by this time I was limping and could only walk very slowly. After dinner, I could barely walk. My leg felt all nerve-y every time I tried to move it, so to make our commute easier, we took a taxi to the MRT line that our house was on to avoid transfers. However, even at the MRT station, I could not walk.

Then, J spotted a wheelchair and we asked the service desk if we could use it. Turns out, they are SUPER accommodating to people with needs over in Taipei (more on this and breastfeeding in a later post). A guy wheeled me to the MRT train where a lady was waiting for me. She made room for me on the very crowded train and when it was time to get off, another man was waiting at my destination to push me to the exit closest to our house. Everyone was so helpful, and it was the biggest relief ever! My crazy leg! Then, J helped me limp home slowly while my sister carried Mars, and we stayed home for the rest of the night.

The End!

Day 4
New Year's Eve started out with lunch at 永康街 (YongKang Street) where they have famous beef noodle soup restaurants. I'm used to going to this one called 永康牛肉麵 (Beef Noodle Master), so that's where I took my family.

By the way, Mars HATES the MRT. I dunno why!? I love it!


Side dishes at lunch:


Half-tendon, half-beef noodle soup:


After lunch, we headed over to the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. I love going here because when I was little, we took family portraits here, so it's super nostalgic to me. I was extra excited to take some photos of our family now, and some photos of Arden with Mars.


It was a really beautiful day and the kids had a lot of fun crawling around. Mars especially enjoyed it because he was starting to get sick of being carried around in the Ergo all day, everyday.


I love this picture of them on the grass! Good thing we snapped it, because right after, a guard came up to us and told us to stay off the grass...



Arden had a lot of fun feeding the fish. It was super cute when she said, "Let's come back here again, I like it here".


Afterwards, we went to 師大 (ShiDa night market area) to get me some glasses and contacts ($40US for new prescription glasses, no exam needed!). Then, we headed over to 科技大樓 (Technology Building area), which is the closest MRT station to where I used to live! We picked up some 肉圓 (BaWan) and stinky tofu soup togo and headed home.

It was New Year's Eve, but we were way too tired to even stay up for the amazing Taipei 101 fireworks on TV. I think we were all in bed by 10pm. It's ok though, we got to see them multiple times on other people's cell phones.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |