4 days old

Monday, May 12, 2014

Tuesday, February 18th, 2014


At this time, we had been home for about three days. I remember the first few days being stressful because my milk had not come in yet, and he had not pooped for a few days (we later realized this was because all his poop came out during labor). We first met with a pediatrician that was convenient for us in terms of location, but we ended up not agreeing with him on some things. We eventually had to break up with him for the excellent pediatricians at UCSF, where we returned for weight checks almost all week.

I remember we did not sleep very much because he did not want to be put down so one of us was always holding him. I remember just telling myself that there will be no sleep tonight and I would stay up until 5am, holding him and happily watching him sleep. Eventually, I'd start falling asleep and then it'd be J's turn. I think the first time my milk came in, he had the biggest meal of his life and we were all able to sleep just a little bit more. 

Everyone warned us about not being able to sleep and to be prepared to be exhausted, but I didn't see it that way at all. I loved staying up with him and didn't mind the lack of sleep. I was just happy to finally be able to hold this little baby in my arms. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |