1 year, 6 months, and 2 weeks old!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Mars is 1 year, 6 months, and 2 weeks old!

(Pictures from my iPhone)

This past Wednesday was a rough day for Mars and I. We had his 18 month check-up which meant two vaccinations. He was already feeling not-so-comfortable since his resident doctor isn't there anymore and he really liked her. After his two shots, he was so sad and kept pointing at his band-aids and crying. Afterwards, we had to go to the lab to get his blood drawn, and that was even worse. The lab tech was unclear with what he wanted me to do and long story short, he pretty much yelled at me because I accidentally tugged on the tubing when trying to restrain my wiggly baby. He also ordered me to "not look" so it's not like I could see where I was putting my hand... It was all so sad and alarming and I ended up sobbing with my crying baby.


I had planned on taking Mars in for a haircut afterwards but decided that he had enough restraint in one morning. Instead, we went to the the Bay Area Discovery Museum, where I spoiled him rotten and let him run around free wherever, and for as long as he wanted. We started with some pizza and chocolate milk for lunch, then I bought him a gardening tool set, a blue train that he always plays with when he goes into the gift shop, and a new book. He ran around and had so much fun, bumped his head into another toddler and cried, but then got over it quickly, and I felt much better seeing him happy and in a good mood again. 







Later that afternoon, we came home and did some gardening in the backyard. I repotted some plants and let Mars "help" by pouring water out of his new watering can, and digging in the wet soil with his new trowel. He seemed to really enjoy that too. It seemed that he had gotten over everything sad that happened earlier that day, but in the evening, during his bath, he saw his band-aids and got upset again. I think the entire experience was really scary for him because he was so scared for me to touch the band-aids, even as I was taking them off. Then he played with his bath toys while whimpering and sort-of crying, and it broke my heart.



Yesterday and today, we stayed home and relaxed. We'll probably play in the backyard/sandbox later since it's such a nice day out. Wednesday was too much, and I just want some quiet time at home :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |