1 year, 3 months, 1 week, and 1 day old

Friday, May 22, 2015




Lately, Mars has been toddling around the house and discovering new areas to play in. He likes walking down the hallway and making a U-turn through the dining room,  and then stopping under the dining table before coming back to the living room. His latest obsession is the toilet and garbage can so we make sure to watch him really closely whenever he's around those things. Eating and sleeping has been a small challenge lately, as he would much rather do things his way... We are working on this as well. His favorite words to say are, "uh oh", "wo wo" (dog), and "da?" (daddy). J says that I don't give him enough chances to say "mama" because I'm always with him and he's right. But the other day, I went upstairs to do something and when I came back down, he was at the base of the stairs waiting for me. When I picked him up, he looked at me, smiled, wrapped his little arms around my neck and said, "mama!" as he kicked his feet in joy, and my heart just melted. His little smiles and hugs and these little moments are the best parts of motherhood.

This weekend, we're taking a two-hour drive up to Gold River to see some friends. I bought a travel-sized magnetic drawing board to help keep Mars sane. I hope it works! Have a great long weekend, and Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |