40 weeks, 5 days

Thursday, February 20, 2014

On Thursday, February 13th, I went into labor! 

It started with mild contractions at 4am and then slowly they got more intense throughout the day. At around 8:00pm, we headed over to the hospital, as they were 3 minutes apart. 

After getting to the hospital, we were put in this awful triage room for three hours and laboring there was the worst. Eventually, we were moved to a beautiful birthing suite where I was able to relax in a hot tub. 

The next morning, around 9am, I was fully dilated and ready to push. We started in the birthing suite and moved to an OR once I got closer. After two hours of pushing,  at 11:34am, our little Mars came into this world weighing at 7 pounds and 6 ounces, measuring at 20 inches long!

I cannot even begin to describe how it felt and how it feels now. I am in absolute LOVE with this little baby and no words or photos I can possibly post here will do it justice. We are just so in love! :)




No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |